Every month, I will answer YOUR questions about moving to Mexico in an exclusive members-only video.
To start playback at a specific question, just hover over the video track & select the “chapter” (dot) with the number that corresponds to your question before pressing play. You can see the questions/topics below.
Here’s what to expect in this month’s video:
- (1) Intro
- (2) How to Obtain Utilities in Mexico
- (3) Opening a Mexican Bank Account
- (4) Getting a Mexican’s Driver’s License
- (5) Buying a Used Car in Mexico
- (6) Renting an Airbnb in Mexico
- (7) How to Find the Best Bus Routes Between Cities in Mexico
- (8) Outro
Helpful Links & Additional Information
In the video, I mention some links & contact information:
- A friend of mine recently opened a bank account with BBVA in Campeche. Here are the documents the bank asked to see:
- Residency card
- Utility bill (proof of address)
- US social security # (not card)
- A second US-based photo ID (i.e. driver’s license)
- Even though she didn’t have a second US-based photo ID, she was still able to open the account.
- She started the process late-morning and was told to return at 3 p.m. that same day to pick up her debit card.
- For US residents, I recommend opening a high-yield checking account with Charles Schwab. I’ve used my Schwab card nearly exclusively since moving to Mexico without issue.
- It’s free to open and requires no minimum balance.
- You’re reimbursed for all ATM fees at the end of each month.
- Greenback Expat Tax Services
- Ivonne Pavaán of Host Relocation
- Website: https://hostrelocation.com.mx/
- Email: email@example.com
- Ivonne can help you get your driver’s license in Querétaro.
- Information (in Spanish) about how to get your driver’s license in Querétaro
- Here’s a helpful article about buying a used car as a foreigner in Mexico
- Where to shop for used cars in Mexico
- Facebook Marketplace
- Check out this YouTube video for advice on how to find a long-term rental via Airbnb
- Best website for researching bus travel in Mexico
How to Book a One-on-One Clarity Call with Me
If you want to ask me questions in real time about moving to Mexico or just want to pick my brain about living in Querétaro, book a clarity call with me for the one-on-one help you’re seeking.
Together, we can figure out how to make your move to Mexico not only finally happen but ensure it as smooth as possible.
$70 USD$55 USD for members
- 30-Minute Call
- Visit via Zoom Video Chat
- Perfect for answering several specific questions about moving to Mexico
$125 USD$110 USD
- 60-Minute Call
- Visit via Zoom Video Chat
- Perfect for picking my brain & longer lists of questions requiring more detailed answers
How to Submit Questions
To submit a question for next month’s Q&A video (which will be uploaded on August 1), ask your question under the August 2021 Q&A topic in the forum. Please submit your questions by July 26.
If you need clarification about an item in this month’s video, you can ask your question under the July 2021 Q&A topic in the forum.